- Spray the KOHLER cleaner over the outer surfaces of the urinal.
- Allow some cleaner to run down the drain.
- Allow the cleaner to stand for approximately 1 minute.
- Wipe the outer surfaces with a clean, non-abrasive cloth.
- If necessary, repeat this procedure for heavier soils still present on the urinal.
Required Two-Week Flush-Out Cleaning
To minimize odor and avoid sediment build-up in the trapway, it is important to flush out your waterless urinal every two weeks using the following procedure.
- Repeat the Daily Cleaning procedure.
- Remove the used urinal ball and discard.
- Using a small screwdriver or bent wire, carefully lift the strainer vertically from the drain. Clean the strainer and set it aside.
- Quickly pour 1 gallon of water directly into the drain. Do not let the urinal overflow. This will purge the residual urine and sealing liquid.
- Unscrew the spray nozzle from the cleaner bottle. Pour 1 oz or 2 tablespoons of cleaner directly into the drain.
- Allow the cleaner to stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
Pour 2 gallons of water directly into the drain as quickly as possible. Do not let the urinal overflow. Pour 3 oz or approximately 1/3 cup of sealing liquid directly into the drain. Reinstall the strainer. Set a fresh urinal ball in the urinal.
IMPORTANT! Do not set the urinal ball directly into the drain or force it through the strainer, as this may cause blockage.
IMPORTANT! Always keep the strainer in place over the urinal drain to prevent debris from entering the drain.
IMPORTANT! Do not use cleaners containing anti-bacterial agents, or any other urinal puck or mat, as these may reduce the effectiveness of the urinal ball.
IMPORTANT! Failure to perform flush-out cleaning may eventually result in a clogged urinal. If the urinal becomes clogged, use a plunger, urinal auger, or non-KOHLER brand strong acid cleaner. If you use a non-KOHLER brand strong acid cleaner, thoroughly rinse the urinal with water after application to minimize acid corrosion on the seal gasket and downstream piping.
Winterizing the Urinal
- Repeat the daily and flush-out cleaning procedures, but do not replace the sealing liquid or urinal ball after the flush-out.
- Pour recreational-use antifreeze directly into the drain. NOTE: Use recreational-use antifreeze only. Recreational-use antifreeze is specifically formulated for winterizing all types of potable water supply systems, preventing rust, and protecting metal pipes.
- Reinstall the strainer.
- Before using the urinal again, remove the strainer and flush out the antifreeze with 1 gallon of water. Pour 3 oz or approximately 1/3 cup of sealing liquid directly into the drain. Reinstall the strainer. Set a fresh urinal ball in the urinal. The urinal is now ready for use.